Looking to start your career as a manufacturing Product Designer?
Do you love using 3D modeling and CAD software to create cutting-edge designs for sheet metal products?
Are you experienced in using sheet metal knowledge to create high-quality prototypes?
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
For 60 years, The ECCO Group™ has enjoyed continual growth, and our manufacturing division leads the market for sheet metal HVAC products in Western Canada. Our ECCO Supply™ division is a full-service wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) supplies and equipment. With sales branches located in centers throughout Western and Central Canada, we are expanding our team with individuals eager improve customer experience and drive significant market growth.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our team in Calgary. The Product Designer will research, develop, and identify innovative sheet metal products based on customer needs and market trends. This role will also create visual designs, evaluate prototypes, and produce technical drawings and specifications for new products.
If you have a passion for creating innovative sheet metal products and want to work in an exciting and dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity today!
- Research and develop innovative sheet metal products to meet the needs of ECCO Manufacturing’s customers
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to understand customer requirements and market trends
- Stay current with industry developments and technologies to bring new and improved products to market
- Identify product opportunities by researching customers, competitors, trends, and emerging technologies
- Produce visual conceptual designs and prototypes through sketches and renderings
- Evaluate prototypes for performance, durability, and compliance with standards
- Create detailed technical drawings and specifications for new products
- Communicate designs and specifications to the engineering team for production, including necessary adjustments before proceeding
- Participate in product launch activities, including product demonstrations and training sessions for sales and customer service teams
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Management
ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
If you are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in product design, with a focus on sheet metal products
- Excellent 3D modeling skills and proficiency in CAD software (such as SolidWorks or Inventor)
- Strong technical knowledge of sheet metal materials and manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of common sheet metal techniques and manufacturing processes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills